Month end reporting might involve running queries and analyzing data throughout different modules of Mainsaver. The new Dashboard feature in version 12.6 provides a time saving method to display maintenance data in real time. This Dashboard below is aggregating data from Maintenance, Purchasing and Inventory data as well as a direct path to displaying custom Infomaker reports.
1. In System Administration, the first step is to turn on the Dashboard feature in Application Switches. This will modify the Mainsaver main menu into the two row format for all users. The Dashboard Switch is plant specific for Multi-Plant installations. The ‘Retrieve Dashboard at Login’ checkbox will automatically retrieve the statistics at login.
2. In each Mainsaver module, queries should be setup with no prompts (??? In query). Example queries might be; a. Items at Order Point b. Work Requests Awaiting Approval c. Past Due PM Work Orders d. All Open Work Orders e. PMs Ready to Generate f. Work Orders Closed Last 30 Days
3. If Infomaker reports have been developed, the report library may be made accessible by the Custom Reports Setup option in System Administration under Options. For specific instruction on referencing an Infomaker library within Mainsaver contact Customer Support.
4. In System Administration under Settings, Dashboard Setup, add dashboard categories for each user group. Users will add their own queries and reports into the dashboard.
Setup Dashboard Categories
5. Next, when the user logs in, they will see their Dashboard categories with no entries. The user must click the ‘+’ symbol to add the entries from that module.
Initially the Dashboard will not have any entries until the user selects the ‘+’ icon.
The magnifying glass icon will bring the user directly into the results of the query or the specific report.
An efficient way to see many key performance indicators in one screen and a quick path to view details of each statistic.